This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Friday, March 14, 2008

GOOGLE, FIX YER F**KIN' CLOCKS!!!

As I begin drafting this blog, it is fifteen minutes after midnight on Friday morning. That's according to my computer's clock. But if I hit "save now," I get a message saying "Draft saved at 11:15 p.m." (That's exactly one hour off, for those of you who are severely mathematically challenged.) However, if I were to go immediately to someone else's blog and post a comment, it'll say that the comment was posted at 12:15 a.m.

Hold on, hold on, it gets better.

My primary email account is a Gmail account. Gmail, for those of you who've been on Mars for the past three or four years, is supplied free of charge by Google. For the first twenty-four hours or so after an email arrives, Gmail tells you exactly what time it arrived.

At 12:23 a.m. -- "real time" -- I sent myself an email, as a test. According to Gmail, this letter arrived at 11:23. *sigh* That's the previous day, technically. Nice trick. But here's the real kicker: Even as it's screwing up the listed arrival time of my email, Gmail is also telling me that the email's 11:23 p.m. arrival was one hour ago, thereby contradicting itself by acknowledging that it is now 12:23!

Come on, Google, we set the clocks ahead almost a week ago! Get it in gear, willya?

Man, I can't wait to see what time this posting will actually say it was posted!

Charlie Brown said it best: "AUGH!"

(Now I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the comment explaining how this is all somehow my fault... at which point I'll delete the whole damned post. HA!)

Thanks for your time. (Daylight Savings Time, that is.)

2 comments:

subtorp585 said...

The mooks at Google obviously didn't heed the new Congressional time change date. I know my PC did ,even if I forgot( which I did ). Your description of the self-sent e-mail, is kinda like crossing the International Date Line. "I'll see you yesterday" takes on a whole new meaning. Can you believe folks actually take friggin' ocean cruises on New Years', just to celebrate it twice? Try crossing the equator, it's more fun. The SEASONS are in reverse. I love it! I can have winter all year round!

Keair Snyder said...

And I thought I had pet peeves with things that are incorrect or out of order or otherwise just not right? There's that Type A personality again. haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails