This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Friday, September 5, 2008

The Devil's Workshop (Not the Devil's Pom-Poms)

To all of you Anglophiles out there (and I know there are a lot of you):


I'm going to be brief for a change.

Look quickly at the following picture. Who do you think it is?


Nope. Sorry. You're wrong.

That is, you're wrong if, like myself, you thought at first glance that it was a photo of the young Eric Idle (of Monty Python fame), suited up for one sketch or another.

It's Bill Snyder.

"Who?"

Bill Snyder.


(And according to this sheet music, the recorded version of "The Night Is Young" was released on London Records, too. Hm. Amazing coincidence, innit? Or... not.)

Anyway, don't fret. Even if you guessed incorrectly, you're still a cool person, because you made the same mistake that I did. So you're probably about as cool as I am, and what could be better than that? *ahem*

That's all. I'm done...

Except to say that you can find the neatest stuff in the second-hand stores on Cape Cod.

Thanks for your time.

P.S. ~~ Okay, I'm not done. Here's a relatively recent shot of Eric Idle, although to my eye, he looks unsettlingly like Barry Manilow! WTF?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello; David,

The Eric Idle photograph looks, incredibly like Gene Wilder to me.

Does anyone else think so? or is it just me.

Hope you are feeling a lot better now.


Best wishes, Jayne's Mum.

David'Z RantZ said...

Gene Wilder? Actually, now that you mention it... ! I guess it's just that chameleon quality which good sketch comics develop.

And yes, I'm feeling better, although -- as my last few posts have related -- the rest of the world seems to be dying.

Oh, well, gotta go. I have a canoodling appointment at 11:30.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I thought it was John Ratzenberger
(Cliff Clavin from Cheers)

cousin saul said...

David,
I give up...is he Billy deWolfe?

Ishat's Fire said...

It did look a lot like him.

I agree with Jayne's Mum.

Related Posts with Thumbnails