This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

HEY!!! NEW POST, DAMNIT!!!

(Gotta love Blogger! I'm writing this BRAND NEW POST on October 1st, and scheduling it for October 9th, after subjecting you all to a couple of recycled posts from the old DiaryLand David'Z RantZ. By the way, I predict that while I've been "gone," my recycled posts, as usual, will have gotten next-to-no comments. How'd I do?

By the way, I still don't understand why my readers avoid commenting on my DiaryLand "reprints." Although I -- in the early days of my Blogger David'Z RantZ -- invited everyone reading my posts to visit the old site and read that stuff, too, even I am not so egotistical as to believe that you all actually did that. So why treat the recycled shit stuff like something you'd seen before? I'm bettin' that ya hadn't! I mean, only, like six of you have been reading my RantZ for all these years.

*sigh*

But I digress... )

Anyway... back to business.

It's not, as they say, "set in cement" yet, but I'm pretty sure -- and let's face it, who would know better than I? -- that the first official entry for my new blog, The Lair of the Silver Fox, will be on Monday, October 13th.

Remember: Feedback is very important to me, even on items which saw publication long ago. So, comments will be encouraged... but moderated. Constructive criticism -- positive or negative -- will be welcomed with open arms, figuratively speaking. Clever, irreverent, smart-alecky quips won't offend me at all. However... Idiotic, insulting, personal attacks will not be tolerated. This is my sandbox. And for what this gig pays, I have neither the time nor the inclination to put up with that nonsense... nor do my regular readers, frankly.

Anyway... Unless and until you see an announcement to the contrary, that is indeed the date of the official "launch" of the webpage.

Bring a housewarming gift.

Thanks for your time.

16 comments:

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Where are all the Dan Qualye jokes?

cake said...

My Excuses for Not Commenting:

1. I don't comment on your old, recycled posts because if I do, the terrorists will have won!!!

2. I find the longer posts very hard to read because of the (you guessed it) white on black writing. I often read them a little bit at a time and then forget I haven't commented.

3. I'm lazy.

Thanks for your time! ::wink::

cake said...

4. Also, I'm a snob and not very good at commenting on something that mentions St. Patty's Day in October...or the tsunami from a few years back...I just can't be belatedly clever.

(Hoping that counts as constructive criticism! If not...ummm...cookie?)

David'Z RantZ said...

Cake:

2. I just sent you an email that ought to knock your sox... I mean, socks... off.

4. I know what you mean about holidays. In the entirety of "MY ISLAND," I think the closest thing to a "holiday" (besides June 6th) was the birthday Diana and I.... first... umm.... you know.

Sarah said...

I'll bring cookies. I am not kidding though I will lace those cookies with whatever I choose if you don't post on Monday.

I have ants in my pants darnit!

Sparkle Plenty said...

carefully sets up "Wildernezz Camera" in David'z Clozet

SAY CHEEZ!

Y'know, I agree with Cakey. White on black writing is hard to read, and less current stuff is hard to comment on. That said, I almost always read 'em through and enjoy 'em. They're always well-written--they just leave me tongue-tied.

Oops! Gotta am-scray and take more "candid photographz." Wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more, squire.

David'Z RantZ said...

Actually, I was counting on Ishat to show up with her "laced" brownies... Can't wait to see what ingredients you add to yours...

And hey, I was right! Almost NO comments while I was gone.

Sarah said...

wtf I totally commented! I'm always forgotten.

::Tear::

David'Z RantZ said...

Okay, Cake... and Sparkle... and Sarah has mentioned the white-on-black... and I know IANO's a sympathizer...

You win. Yup, you all win. I will -- very soon -- be changing my template so it's a white background.

Unfortunately for y'all, the lettering will stay white!

Moo-hoo-hahahahaaaaa!!!

David'Z RantZ said...

Sarah! If I had forgotten you, I wouldn't have written the"almost" in "almost NO comments!"

Maverick Larry had better dry those tears for you!

absolutely not cake said...

WE ALL WIN!!! *throws confetti*

I'll never forget this day...the day we convinced David'z to change his template to something readable! And it only took...oh...a YEAR or so!

*parties like it's 1990...or something*

David'Z RantZ said...

Absolutely Not Cake: You missed the part about the white lettering on a white background, right? The REAL Cake would've caught that.

David'Z RantZ said...

Okay, folks, you asked for it, you got it! I've just posted my first post to -- NOT "The Lair of the Silver Fox," that'll be next Monday -- the NEW David'Z RantZ!!!

Check it out: http://thenewdavidzrantz.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

OOh good!! You are changing you template. I'm old and my eyes are weak. Or something.

I think I'm back with this blogging malarkey now.

So here I am commenting.

Are you well now? Last time I vistied you were not and so I hope all is good with you.

I look forward to reading your next stuff.

:0)

David'Z RantZ said...

Jayne: I guess I'm somewhat better, thanks. As far as the "changed" blog template, I set up a new blog http://thenewdavidzrantz.blogspot.com as a sort of "be careful what you ask for." Good to see you're back. And your back. Or both.

Keair Snyder said...

lol I promise to bring a potted plant when I finally make it over to The Lair.

Related Posts with Thumbnails