This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Too Cool Not to Share! (Besides, It's Almost Halloween)

(Run-On Sentence Alert!)

Yes, I know I said today's post would be about the song "Wildflower" by Skylark, but the following picture -- and the link to the article explaining it in full -- is just too cool not to share (as I said in my title), plus it's almost Halloween (as I also said in my title) and that makes today's post incredibly timely, and besides, I've found that whenever I post two different posts on the same day, a lot of you don't read the older of the two posts -- for whatever damned reason! -- and I don't want you missing this one, because, well, if I did, I wouldn't be posting it in the first place, now would I?

No. I would not.

(So, sometime relatively soon I will be posting the anecdote about "Wildflower" by Skylark. And after reading it, I hope you'll feel it was worth the wait.)

Now pay attention. (Okay, sorry. "Now pay attention, please.")

Can you guess who the person in the following photo is?

No, silly, not who the character is. That's obviously Frankenstein's Monster. But do you know who the actor is?

No?

Give up?

It's James Dean.

No, not the sausage guy. That's Jimmy Dean. This is James Dean, the "Rebel Without a Cause" James Dean.

And a brief story behind the photo can be found here. In fact, it's so brief that I could really just tell you myself, but the Frankensteinia blog is an absolute delight for fans of the famous Doctor Frankenstein's Creation, and I really don't want you to miss your chance to see it! Enjoy.

And again... Sometime very soon, the "Wildflower" story!

Thanks for your time.

2 comments:

I Ain't No Oprah said...

That's not James Dean.

It's actually James Dean's monster.

I hate when people screw that up.

David'Z RantZ said...

And just think, it was all inspired by that scene in "Rebel Without a Cause," when Dean's character screams "You're tearing me apart!" and in the sequel, of course, someone has to sew him back together...

Related Posts with Thumbnails