This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

For Long-Time Comic Book Geeks Only

Leave it to "Robby Reed" of Dial B for Blog to find a photo of Steve
Ditko which is not the same damned photo everyone has seen before!


A quote from Roy Thomas:

I'll never forget the day I walked into one Marvel office not long after Ditko quit, and here's John Romita drawing Amazing Spider-Man and Larry [Lieber] drawing the Spider-Man Annual and Marie Severin drawing "Dr. Strange," and I joked, "This is the Steve Ditko Room; it takes three of you to do what Steve Ditko used to do."

You'll either "get" it, or you won't.

Thanks for your time.

P.S. ~~ Happy Belated Birthday, Steve Ditko! (November 2nd.)

10 comments:

bacon ace said...

I think he's dead.

David'Z RantZ said...

Heck, no. "They" would have told me!

Sparkle Plenty said...

DITKO! I have no idea who you are, yet I celebrate you. DITKO!

cake said...

I know all the names and yet I don't get the joke. Do I get half points?

cousin saul said...

Wasn't Steve Ditko the guy who played "The Unknown Comic" on the Gong Show?

rhoda said...

Wasn't Steve Ditko the guy who was my doorman?

subtorp77 said...

Well, at least I get it. Then again, I'm not a true comic book nerd( no offence David ). What do I know? I'm listening to Spike Jones as I write this( The Blue Danube, as a matter of fact ).

And by "THEY" ,are you refering to M.E.?( now Doodles Weaver is trying to sing the Flying Trapeze )or....

David'Z RantZ said...

SubTorp: Yes, "They" includes you.

Sparkle: Steve Ditko co-created Spider-Man and Dr. Strange. He also created the Question and Mr. A. He co-created the Creeper, Stalker, the Destructor...

He's been busy.

David'Z RantZ said...

Cake: Half points? Geez. Being cute only gets you so far in life, you know...

Sparkle Plenty said...

Rantz: COOL! Thankz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails