This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Friday, December 5, 2008

I've Just Seen a Face... (An Almost-Private Joke Post)

Today, I found an envelope tacked to my door. It contained a short note, and some photographs. I guess the note vaguely refers to the fact that, years before the internet, I was unofficially known as "the Man Who Can Find Things."

It said,

"Dear David,

I'm looking for an old... friend.

His name is Steve.

I haven't seen him since my college days.

Can you help?"


It was unsigned, but as I mentioned above, she enclosed half a dozen photos, as shown below. Two of them show her with an unnamed man. Perhaps this man is the elusive "Steve?" I have no idea. Nor do I know how to reach her if indeed I do learn anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Gadzooks!

I Ain't No Oprah said...

::vomits::

(nicely played)

Cake said...

I either missed this or read it, giggled, and then didn't answer because all my fingers were broken.

Or something.

Why on earth are you going through old posts of your own? That bored?!? Need a boring Facebook quiz?

Cake said...

Pretend my comment was well written, please...my boss came in as I was typing it and I hit "post" quickly and swapped screens.

Oh the joys of office work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails