This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Friday, December 19, 2008

The Killer Wore... Pastry?

This is inexcusable!

Somebody murdered one of the Bond girls!

Yep, as the article states, Celine Cawley -- who appeared in A View to a Kill -- was killed in her own home a few days ago.

The murder was apparently committed -- and this is the part I don't quite understand -- by someone who was wearing... baklava?

I don't get it. How could you wear something like this:

I mean, is it just me, or does this simply not make sense? Let me just re-read the article, and...

Ah, that makes more sense. He was "wearing or carrying" the...

Oh.

Oh!

Silly me!

The killer was neither wearing nor carrying baklava, he was wearing or carrying a balaclava. Like these:

World o'difference there.

Sorry for doing such sloppy research.

(But at least it gave me an excuse to print that second photo, right?)

Thanks for your time.

5 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

The balaclavae depicted are not, in my opinion, particularly well-made. I can detect some slipshod purling. Am surprised you did not mention that--it's the first thing that pops out at you from that second photo. What do you MEAN you didn't notice? What the heck else were you looking at?

Anyhoo, this proves what I have always suspected: It is impossible to look cool in a balaclava EVEN if you are a voluptuous, naked woman. I used to knit balaclavae and give them to people, and I still remember the haunted, hunted looks in their eyes as I perkily said, "Why don't you go ahead and try it on?"

Note: I suppose the killer could have worn a baklava bikini.

Further Note: Poor Celine (seriously).

Additional Further Note: For the culprit, I'd look for an actor who played a Bond villain.

David'Z RantZ said...

Sparkle, you have been sorely missed here in RantZville.

"I can detect some slipshod purling."

Oh, is that what they call it now?

"What the heck else were you looking at?"

Umm... Probably that weird blue border on the second photo. SO distracting!

"I suppose the killer could have worn a baklava bikini."

Wish I had a photo of that to post.

"Poor Celine (seriously)."

Yes (equally seriously). It's not usually like me to make fun of someone's death just for the sake of a dumb joke.

"For the culprit, I'd look for an actor who played a Bond villain."

Hm. LeChiffre (two of the three* are dead)? Largo (pick one)? Scaramanga (love the name)? Jimmy Bond (never did trust Woody Allen)? A lot of the actors are dead, even those who played "supporting villains" like Jaws, Nick Nack, Oddjob, etc.

More research needed, but we'll have to let the police handle it!!!

*Can't forget the very FIRST LeChiffre, 1954's Peter Lorre!

Cake said...

That second picture is the silliest thing I've seen in a long time.

Also, I want baklava now.

Also also, poor Celine...

David'Z RantZ said...

Cake:

"That second picture is the silliest thing I've seen in a long time."

No mirrors in Canada, eh?

David'Z RantZ said...

P.S. ~~ Scaramanga!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails