This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

CRIMES Committed on Vinyl, Vol. I

Dion (That's Dion DiMucci, FYI.) Gotta love 'im, with or without The Belmonts. "Runaround Sue." "I Wonder Why." "Where or When" (which is not only my all-time favorite by Dion and the Belmonts, but it was their biggest hit). "A Teenager in Love." "The Wanderer." "Donna the Prima Donna." "Lonely Teenager." "I Was Born to Cry." And, of course, later on in his career came "Abraham, Martin, and John."

And now, something completely different for your consideration:

"Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix! A psychedelic masterpiece, right? Heavy metal before there was heavy metal.

So, if you mix the two... ?

Oil on freakin' water! See... well, hear... for yourself.



Supposedly -- I'm quoting a writer named Dave Marsh, here -- "even Jimi [Hendrix] himself admired [it] when Dion played it for him," but... somehow, I don't freakin' think so, unless Mr. Hendrix had dropped an extra tab or two that day.

Dion... il mio amico!... what the hell were you thinking?

Thanks for your time.

4 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

"Ba da da da da da da da!"

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Bush's fault.

John said...

I hate to say it, but I like it!

Keair said...

Hahahahaha

Related Posts with Thumbnails