This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sequel

In my Sunday post, I stated that the phrase "once you're in, you're in for life" was not about the Mafia. It was actually meant to refer to Classmates.com!

However, after checking the Classmates site -- which I hadn't done at length for quite some time -- I discovered that it is admittedly easier now than it used to be to totally quit it and remove your information from the site. In the interests of fairness, I added a "P.S." to my post to acknowledge that. However, I also added that if you want to "stop emails, it takes about half an hour visiting different pages to opt out of several different kinds of emails!" Which is exactly what I had done before writing the "P.S." to my post.

Tuesday -- I swear to God! -- I received an email from Classmates saying that there are two new kinds of emails which they'll be sending me... unless I choose to opt out now!

Oh, I opted out, all right! And I changed my email address in their records, too... to a non-existent one!

Try to find me now, suckers!

Thanks for your time.

14 comments:

person with that new e-mail said...

Dick

David'Z RantZ said...

Oops.

Well, at least you won't feel lonely.

Classmates said...

Ah, so there you are.

Classmates said...

We've found you now!

Classmates said...

And you like getting comments, huh. Does that include from Classmates?

Classmates said...

Well, does it?

Classmates said...

Hmmm?

Classmates said...

So, how'z thingz?

Classmatez said...

Do you think I should change my name to Classmatez?

Classmates said...

Nah, on second thought I don't really like that.

Classmates said...

I guess my work here iz done.

David'Z RantZ said...

It's pretty scary when the comments are funnier than the post...

Wait until tomorrow's entry.

Nan J said...

OMG... "I KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND I KNOW WHAT YOU DID"

"Classmates" now owes me a new keyboard since they left out a spew warning. Bet they won't come lookin' for *me*! HA!

Keair said...

Hahaha Yeah, you really showed 'em.

Related Posts with Thumbnails