This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Repent, Christian!

F***ing Christian Bale, the f***ing star of the last two f***ing Batman movies, as well as the upcoming f***ing Terminator: Salvation, has issued a public f***ing apology for the over-the-top f***ing rant which has recently been all over the f***ing internet.

(Okay, okay, I'll stop. It did sound rather unprofessional, didn't it?)

Yes, fellow babies, as a true "Christian" should, Mr. Bale has seen the error of his ways and he has repented! Hallelujah!

"I know I have a pottymouth, everybody knows that now. I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order beyond belief ... I acted like a punk."

A pottymouth. Amazing.

Bale went on to say that he was embarrassed by the way he acted, and that he regrets it. He was having a "bad day," and that he's evidently not dealing well with his relatively new status as an arrogant, over-paid, over-rated a movie star.

"The thing that disturbs me so much is that I've heard a lot of people saying that I seem to think I'm better than anybody else."

Really. Don't know where anyone could have gotten that idea.

But what the hell, all is -- or should be -- forgiven, right? I mean, he has apologized, after all, and...

Wait a minute.

Wait just a damned minute.

This "rant" happened last July, right? So why the hell has he waited until now to apologize?

Ohhh, I get it!

It's only now that the tape surfaced. Until just a few days ago, only a relative handful of people even knew about it.

In other words, he's not sorry he lost his temper in such an unprofessional manner. He's just sorry the public at large found out about it.

Sorry, Mr. B. Too little, too late, as the saying goes.

(Dick.)

Thanks for your time.

11 comments:

subtorp77 said...

Or maybe this was a cleverly timed release? I don't know how well the new Batman movie fared. Maybe, just maybe, he feels he needs more attention to feed his ego. What more than to delay something like this?

David'Z RantZ said...

Interesting theory. The Dark Knight did incredibly well. However, everyone's been raving about Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. Not much buzz about Christian Bale, the nominal star of the movie.

Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

I would rather have seen the guy he yelled at say:

"Hey, he calmed down later and took me to lunch, we are cool."

That would have told me he was sorry.

Oh hell don't apologize , just say you were having a bad day and you swear like a truck driver. I would respect that more than a forced apology that your publicity thought was a good idea.

While he is at it, he could just admit himself into a program. That might impress me more.

If he really had an Aha moment. He might need some more self reflection.

Not a movie star. I think he is full of himself.

Maybe he and Britney Spears could get together, get rid of their entourages and do a reality show.

At least it would be entertaining then.

I've got a mean streak over the last few days. I need to get back to cleaning before I go off and have some well needed fun, before I act like that Christian.

subtorp77 said...

I'll admit I swear like a sailor, having been one.

Anyone that can berate someone like that, shouldn't have gotten the attention that they did. Besides,I wouldn't care who you are. You'd get the same(if not much, much worse) tossed right back in your face. I'm surprised this didn't come to blows(or is he maybe saving THAT video for Oscar week)???

Nan J said...

WTF, anyway. I'd be more impressed if, say, Meryl Streep had been caught cussing like any other street teenager.

Incidentally, are you channeling Dr Johnny Fever, there ("fellow babies")? Gawd I miss that show!!

David'Z RantZ said...

Johnny Who?

Nahhhh, I'm kidding. I miss WKRP, too.

subtorp77 said...

David: please tell me your kidding? The great Johnny Fever..WKRP In Cincinatti...the DJ who was fired from the other radio station for saying "BOOGER" on the air?

Pedro J. Baena Luna said...

Thanks David for your words.. they are very important for me..from spain, Pedro

LazyMom said...

Loved your tribute to Buddy Holly and the others and your rant on body image.

David'Z RantZ said...

SubTorp: I already did.

Pedro: You're welcome!

LazyMom: Thanks. I checked out your blog, and it's pretty entertaining. Was this your first time reading my posts? And -- I'm just nosy -- how'd you find me?

Keair said...

It sounds like a bad break up between you and Mr. Bale was inevitable...hahaha

Related Posts with Thumbnails