This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Awwwwww! (DRASTICALLY edited.)

The following is a photo from my kindergarten graduation ceremony in 1962! Over the years, more people than I can count have commented on how "cute" it was that I was holding hands with the cherubic little girl at my side.

"Hey, is that a clip-on?"
And dig those baggy pants, Daddy-O!


(I originally posted this with a couple of "male slut" cracks, but a couple of people failed to miss what should have been obvious: I was making those cracks from -- theoretically -- the point of view of my five-year-old self. Anyone my current age who has a "thing" for little girls also needs a bullet in the freakin' head. Anyway, I've deleted those greatly-misunderstood comments for the sake of the humor-impaired.)

Thanks for your time.

11 comments:

subtorp77 said...

Oh the pain of self-editing! What is this? The Hayes commission for the 'net? I'll be g--d--ned if I'm gonna take this s--t lyin' down, just 'cause a few f---heads don't get it. Of course you know...this means war!!!!

Okay, I've gotten that off my chest! Sorry to rant on your rant, David.Weeell, not a 100%...

Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

Whoa, I never took it that way.

When wee ones are little we always talk of their prowess with the other sex.

The Silver Fox said...

Everybody who's comented publicly and privately on this entry is on my side, but I think I might've lost a reader or two because some people have thin skins.

It's funny... I've seen other bloggers get away with absolute murder as far as sick comments written in the name of "humor" -- and more power to 'em, I believe it's called something like "freedom of speech" -- but if I do it, I'm an asshole.

Years ago, I told someone something to the effect of "You'll never be able to successfully stand up for yourself until you learn to incorporate the term 'Fuck you!' into your vocabulary."

Maybe it's time I started taking my own advice.

The Silver Fox said...

"commented!"

F***ing keyboard!

subtorp77 said...

And yet icons like George Carlin always played to a packed house.

F.Z. had it all figured out!

Betsy said...

awww..you're both pretty cute!

Betsy said...

"Years ago, I told someone something to the effect of "You'll never be able to successfully stand up for yourself until you learn to incorporate the term 'Fuck you!' into your vocabulary."

~~is that so? ;)

Natasha said...

You were almost as cute as she! lol Thanks for the link, as this is, quite honestly, adorable. And that statement you mentioned above...I said that for the first time outloud to another person like, three months ago...and I'm still feeling liberated! :)

The Silver Fox said...

@Natasha: Glad to hear it! And I love it when people leave comments on these ancient posts, so... thanks!

Keair said...

lol And this proves that you've been a male slut since the word go! I wonder if you were trying to look up the skirt of the nurse who helped deliver you? :)

Gloria said...

I have to say you are sooo cute:)
Love this pic(lol)

Related Posts with Thumbnails