This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Monday, March 16, 2009

I'll Bet They Miss Me!

One of the reasons I'll bet they miss me at the ol' Crappy Day Job is that almost everybody else was too stuffy to interject little doses of insanity and off-kilter logic into the normal running of things, like I did.

Those who worked in the so-called "satellite offices" as I did had to trek to the big city for a departmental meeting once a month. Most of the people there had a "let's get this over with" attitude, not because they were all so businesslike, but rather, because they just wanted to get out of there and get home. For the most part, I concurred, but once in a while, I figured, "As long as we're stuck here, it might as well be a little bit interesting."

One evening, I made a short speech about something involving the various branch offices, and how they worked together (or should), blah-blah-freaking-blah... And at the end of my little presentation, I dramatically added "And remember, everybody... There is no 'Q' in 'team'. "

It only took a few seconds for the other shoe to drop, as it were. One of the humor-impaired front end guys stared at me, saying, "Uhhh, don't you mean 'There is no "I" in "team" '?"

I tried to look only at him, and not at the two or three in the room who were smirking, knowing I'd set him up. "Are you saying there is a 'Q' in 'team'?" I asked, all-too-seriously.

Now he looked confused. "Well... no, but... "

I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms over my chest, wearing a smug look on my face. "Well! I guess my original point was valid, then, wasn't it?"

Yup. I'll bet they miss that kinda stuff...

Even if none of them will admit it.

Thanks for your time.

12 comments:

Club de Fans Alejandro Montreal said...

I like your blog! I know that you like Elvis Presley, please visit my blog,, is about a new singer that makes covers of Elvis in spanish.
www.fansalejandromontreal.blogspot.com
See you!

cousin saul said...

I like your blog too! I know that you like (fill in the blank with something you like), please visit my blog,, is about my life that does NOT makes covers of Elvis in spanish. See you!

The Silver Fox said...

Bad Cousin Saul! You really shouldn't make fun of what couldn't possibly have been a "spam comment," no, no -- *ahem* -- because the comment before yours was obviously left by someone with psychic abilities. I will indeed be mentioning Elvis in an upcoming blog post!

Hey, wait a minute...

Does this mean you've finally posted on your blog?!? [goes to check] Yes! Hoo-Hah!!!

By the way, very nice touch, repeating the double commas after "please visit my blog!"

cousin saul said...

Gotta love the blog spam!

The Silver Fox said...

Dear Club: Thanks so much for the compliments. I've been feeling kinda down lately, and comments like yours really help to lift me up. So, what did you like most about my blog?

Hello? Hello? (Is this thing on?)

Crap.

Dear Cousin Saul: Quit buggin' me. I'm trying to read your blog.

Sparkle Plenty said...

No seas cruel, my babies! I'm catchin' Alejandro Montreal fever! Zapatos de Gamuza Azul!

(You're quite right. There really IS no "q" in team. I checked this carefully by frisking my team. No qs turned up--although I did get a lawsuit for sexual harrassment.)

Pop Mex! said...

Alejandro Montreal? ¡Sí, él es mi amigo Canadiense!

¿Fijo todo? ¡Ciertamente! ¡Gracias por su visita!

The Silver Fox said...

Hey, Sparkle, don't sweat the sexual harassment suit! I can recomend a good lawyer -- three good lawyers, actually -- who are experts at handling those cases!

Why do I know about them? Umm... no reason, really...

Sparkle Plenty said...

Why does it not surprise me that sexual harrassment lawyers are "experts at handling"?

(It makes me very sad that I can no longer enter "Pedroland" by clicking on "Pop Mex." Either this means I have been denied entry to "Pedroland" or "Pop Mex" made an oopsy in the URL. I like to think it's the latter.)

Pop Mex! said...

No era mi falta. El "Sur del Border" sitio está teniendo problemas. Lo siento... cutie-empanada.

(El término español para
"oopsy" es "el fuck-up.")

¿Fijo todo? ¡Ciertamente! ¡Gracias por su visita!

Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

Spam, spam, spam, glorious spam.

New chapter up, read them in order.

Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

Damn, I forgot my Qs and Ps.

Related Posts with Thumbnails