This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Just Wondering...

Captain "Sully" Sullenberger seems like a great guy, but no one is liked by everybody...

Therefore...

I wonder if there was anyone who was actually aboard US Airways Flight 1549 who was stupid enough, arrogant enough, and short-sighted enough to say "I don't like Sully. I hope he can't land us safely!"

Thanks for your time.

P.S. ~~ You don't really think this post was about Sully, do you?

4 comments:

subtorp77 said...

Hmmmm....perhaps you're using Capt. Sully as a mirror, here? I sense hostility and betrayal. Then again, I've been pretty much out of it, the past week :(

Sparkle Plenty said...

I'm confused! First, I thought that was a gaunt and drawn Captain Kangaroo post Atkins Diet and sans bangs, then I thought "Oh, sure! Cap'n Sully!" But then, the P.S. got me confused again.

Did you, by any chance, write this post by drawing upon an old issue of Popular Mechanics?! :-)

The Silver Fox said...

Oooooh, gotcha guessing! And here I was, thinking I was too blatant!

(By the way... Popular Mechanics? Whatever could you mean, Spackle?)

Nope, I'm not using Sully as a stand-in for myself. (Although I can't deny my "hostility" on the true subject... But I digress.) He and Flight 1549 are, respectively, stand-ins for someone and something a lot more important than the 155 lives on that plane. (And that's not meant to downplay those lives!)

I'm sure some people caught my drift, but if so, they're probably just trying to come up with new aliases so they can attack me right in my own comments section (and we all know how painful that can be) under the protection of semi-anonymity (if that's a word)! If so, bring it on! This time, as Alice Cooper says, no more Mr. Nice Guy!

John said...

Everytime I hear the name Sully I think of the old Mute Muppet sidekick to Biff on Sesame Street.

Related Posts with Thumbnails