This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Anger Management

Just in this kinda mood, once again...



Ahhh, memories! I remember back in the mid-1980s, when Phil Collins was pretty much at the height of his popularity. I was in the habit of telling people it was only a matter of time before the advent of one or more radio stations like my own fictional "WPCR! Phil Collins Radio! All Phil, All the Time!"

For the best effect, you should play this video -- and merely listening to it is fine, you don't need to actually watch it -- over and over and over and over and over again, until you've long since absorbed it into your system, and have begun to get sick of it. (Well, that's what I ended up doing, anyway.)

3 comments:

subtorp77 said...

Alice Cooper, O.K. Phil Collins...nnnno! I have a unique way to manage my anger; surprising that it doesn't involve bodily harm. A hand wave and smile to the jackass that cuts me off or tailgates. This really pisses 'em off but my anger is under controlle.

And what's with the avatar parade? Are you having identity crisis? I liked Ahab! Oh to each his own, I reckon.

The Silver Fox said...

Phil Collins is welcome on my blog. (So's Tom Collins, for that matter... but I digress.)

I occasionally use the "kill 'em with kindness" method of dealing with idiots, but lately I'm getting closer to favoring the "climb to the top of a water tower carrying a high-powered rifle" approach. If "patience is a virtue," I haven't been feeling too freakin' virtuous lately.

People SUCK, for the most part.

"The avatar parade." I like that. Wish I could answer that question. There are often several undreamed-of subtleties that control when -- and to what -- I change that little profile picture. Almost anything's fair game for inclusion if it has grey or white hair (like the retouched Elvis image I used a while ago).

I liked Ahab, too. Maybe later, he'll return.

Sparkle Plenty said...

I'm a fan of the jolly hand wave and smile approach, too, I must say!

And: Any day with some vintage Alice Cooper is a swell day for me. Thanks for improvin' my Monday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails