This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Strange Bedfellows

This first video was sent to me by one of "my" many Jennifers. (Actually, this was sent by "Jennifer the First." Never mind.)

Here's an unusual pairing: Mama Cass Elliott (of the Mamas and the Papas) and none other than Julie Andrews... and they're doing a medley in honor of Simon and Garfunkel!



And now, in keeping with the Mamas and the Papas connection, here's the Beach Boys doing "California Dreaming," with guest appearances by the then-surviving members of the Mamas and the Papas! This video was a little eerie, coming out -- IIRC -- not long after the death of Denny Wilson. But I digress.



Thanks for your time.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I don't know which is sadder....Mama Cass died and we'll never hear her sing again

OR

Julie Andrews had throat surgery and we'll never hear her sing again

OR

We have to live with Britney Spears, J. Lo, Christine Auiguilera, etc etc etc still being able to sing or what they call "singing"

The Silver Fox said...

Kathy: Just for you.

http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2006_09_26.html#012153

Sparkle Plenty said...

Great videos! Julie and Cass together are a huge treat (and Kathy has a very, very good point).

The major disquieting moment for me in the second video is seeing Papa John as Father John.

Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

Mama Cass.

Wow.

I should have put her in one of the videos. I love Dream a Little Dream!

subtorp77 said...

At least we still have Aretha Franklin! Okay, Julie is still round but I never really cared for her singing. And neither has to resort to lips sync for back-up!

Kathy said...

HEY D!
Thx so much for the Julie link. She just plain rocks (and Crawford still sounds awesome). I remember wishing she was my nanny when I was a kid. She had that cool bag and could do magic. Today, as a parent, any nanny who carries rum punch is a nanny that is prepared. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails