This blog is officially "retired," but my other blog,
"The Lair of the Silver Fox," is still open for business!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Trust Me

Ever notice that, unless you're really careful, it's hard to pour coffee from the carafe of a drip coffeemaker (like Mr. Coffee) without spilling some? Or without spilling a lot?

That's because the carafes were all designed by the very same guy who invented the dribble glass!

No, really, it's true. Trust me. Don't Google it. Don't Google it!

Crap.

Thanks for your time.

3 comments:

Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

Maybe.

Sparkle Plenty said...

Woman of steel: I Did Not Google It. I have an eye tic now, but I Did Not Google It!

The Silver Fox said...

Actually, this post is based on the fact that for years, I was saying that the drip coffeemaker carafes "were all designed by the very same guy who invented the dribble glass." However, the arrival of the internet and its search engines suddenly meant that one could look up who had actually invented both in a matter of minutes (as I myself did one night, hoping that no one had documented the origin of the dribble glass. But they do know who came up with that one!). It's kinda like how, in Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, Lisa Kudrow's character kept claiming she'd invented the Post-It, until Janeane Garofalo's character said "No, you didn't," and said who had.

Related Posts with Thumbnails